Monday, June 25, 2007

RealEstate/PropertyManager Crunch

I couldn’t help it, my wheels starting turning when I read an article on Michael Arrington (TechCrunch Blogger) in this month’s Wired Magazine. Did you see the article?

In this article, Arrington said that he has a goal to create 15-20 different spin-offs of his highly successful TechCrunch Blog such as MusicCrunch, SoftwareCrunch, TelComCrunch, etc. The verdict is still out on whether or not he is going to hire “journalists working from the outside” or “players working from the inside”. This is where my wheels started spinning. Dizmang could be a the RealEstate/Property Management Crunch blogger. Because, I would consider our (417) Dwellings! Blog as a “player working from the inside” as we document the crazy-ness of our day-in-day-out managing of rental properties and tenants. Paul Dizmang has been teaching the Web 2.0 seminar for REALTORS, and he’s always been known as an expert in this field, not a journalist, but a real estate power broker with a lot of knowledge that comes with over 20 years experience. Hmmm…the wheels are turning.

On a side note, I admire Arrington and I loved the article. He admits to being “prone to excess and uncontrolled outbursts…” but also insists that he is “just as passionate and emotional” about what he does. And that is what makes him so successful. Nice work, Captain Crunch. Considering that my current MySpace headline reads “Prone to Meltdowns” and I felt like I was reading an article that accurately portrayed my own feelings towards my work…Arrington and I may have been separated at birth.