Monday, November 19, 2007

So Much For Live Blogging from Vegas

OK, so I know what you're thinking..."uh...what happened to the 'live blogging from Vegas' thing?" I'm sorry, I got wrapped up in the quick trip to Vegas and didn't get to blog on this particular blog. But if you missed my whole "Seth Godin rant" on my personal blog, don't miss it.

Overall, the NAR convention went really good, we actually got a lot of work done. And if Amanda, or I, ever feel the need to quit our day job, we're certainly glad that the Playboy Store is now hiring at Ceasar's Palace. We just had to get our picture taken outside of it!

We spent a lot of time on the trade show floor. We got a lot of good ideas, good marketing plans, and learned a lot about different vendors. We were surprised that Property Automation (the makers of our Tenant Pro 7 software) were bought out by Domin-8. That's not necessarily a bad thing, we were just surprised and we wonder how their customer and tech support will stand up to that of Property Automation. Not that they have big shoes to fill.

So now is the time to focus on the year-end before I start planning for 2008. You know me, I'm a checklist maker. I'll keep you posted.